Please Bear With Us As We Re-Build This Site From Scratch!
Introduced by Jamie Houston. Original Article by Ralph Shaw.
Have you ever wondered what question you would ask if you had the chance to ask some of the world’s top ukulele teachers and educators one question? Well recently Ralph Shaw was at Tutti – an annual weekend of ukulele workshops in Langley, British Columbia, hosted by James Hill, and the teachers were asked to provide one practice tip each. Here is some of what was said:
1) Practice for one minute – every day.
2) Keep it fun. Remember it is called PLAYING the ukulele.
3) Really listen to your instrument.
4) Any time can be practice time so keep your instrument/s within easy reach.
5) Get a good instrument.
6) Practice with performance in mind.
7) Consider the future if you fail to practice now.
So if you won’t practice for you, at least do it for the sake of your instrument.
These tips have obviously been abbreviated, and unfortunately Ralph has removed the original blog post so we can no longer link you to his original post 🙁
About Ralph Shaw